Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lets talk Brushes!!!! Real Techniques Brushes

My Favorite Real Techniques Brushes (1)

Makeup brushes. If you asked me 10 years ago, I would be like “Why do I need those, I have hands!” Now, I almost feel like I couldn’t live without them. The problem is, I like nice things and really nice makeup brushes can be expensive and that makes it difficult to build a nice collection. Thankfully Real Techniques brushes are here to save the day…



About Real Techniques: Real Techniques was founded in 2011 by 2 sisters, Sam and Nic Chapman who are both experienced makeup artists and the creators of the Pixiwoo channel on YouTube. Their goal with Real Techniques was to achieve unbelievable brush quality along with professional, interesting and fun education. They also make a ton of helpful videos demonstrating how to best use each brush!
Now, don’t get me wrong I do love my Sigma F80, (and the rest of them) but in all honesty I reach for these just as much if not more than some of my “higher end” brushes. They are all very soft and I have never had any issues with shedding. Also, these Real Techniques brushes are very easy to wash, unlike my Sigma which holds onto makeup a little harder.

Setting Brush:

Real Techniques Setting Brush

The Setting Brush is the first brush I ever bought from Real Techniques. I love to use it for applying concealer and lightly applying setting powder on my t-zone. These bristles are a tiny bit on the scratchy side, so giving it a quick rinse in conditioner after washing helps curb that issue. $7.99 at Ulta.


Expert Face Brush:

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

The Expert Face Brush is the second brush I bought from them and I had it sitting in a drawer for the longest time! Don’t ask me why. This has quickly become my go-to face brush for all foundations. I had been using my Sigma but I found that this gives a lot of coverage and it’s almost just as soft. I love using it with my bareMinerals Original Foundation. The only “issue” I have with these brushes is the wide base. It makes it difficult to fit into my brush holder, BUT they can stand on their own, so I just keep them separate for now. $8.99 at Ulta.


Bold Metals Blush Brush:

Real Techniques Bold Metals Blush Brush

This Blush Brush is from their new Bold Metals collection. These are significantly more expensive, but I got it on sale.  This design is obviously much different, with it shape and rose gold platted finish. It does leave fingerprints but you are just going to have to expect and accept that fact if you buy these. This is soft but I wouldn’t say its that much softer than some of their other brushes. It has a medium density and the angled tip helps to precisely apply your blush (or bronzer.) $23.99 at Ulta.


Stippling Brush:

Real Techniques Stippling Brush

The Stippling Brush is the newest addition to my Real Techniques family and I’m so happy to have her. It’s great for applying foundations, blush, highlighter, and setting powder. You really can do everything with this 1 brush! I like to use it to get additional coverage by lightly stippling on more product for a flawless non-cakey look. I also love it for applying blush by stippling so you don’t disturb your makeup underneath. Again, this one has a wider base so its difficult to fit in my brush holder. $9.99 at Ulta.

I just showed you the face brushes today, but they have lots of eye brushes that people love too! If you are looking to add some great quality brushes to your collection for not a lot of money, then you need to try Real Techniques!

Do you have any Real Techniques Brushes? What’s you favorite affordable brush brand?


Happy Styling!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY M+K PROJECTS