Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Milani | Moisture Matte Lipstick!

Milani Matte Lipstick Header
Hi dolls!!! I've been MIA since I was taking my not so fun Bar Exam.  But now that thats done let s go back to talking fashion, beauty and all pretty stuff.  I recently bought of a couple of the Milani’s Moisture Matte Lipstick shades and I liked the formula so much that I decided to tell you all about it.  Im a fan of Milani Cosmetics.  They are affordable, easy to find, and great quality items.  
These new “moisture matte” lipsticks are infused with grape seed extract and they promise smear-proof wear and mega color that won’t budge. Milani also claims that this is a “matte that not only feels great (yes, you read that right – it’s actually comfy.)” I’m all about a comfy feeling matte, I mean who doesn't like that!!

IMG_2313

I  own a few Milani lipsticks before this line, but never a matter formula before.  Also, I’ve heard they used to have a melon scent that a lot of people detested. So, if you are one of those ladies, you’ll be happy to know these don’t have that melon scent. Instead, they have a light vanilla scent that is pleasant but doesn’t linger too long.
The formula of these moisture mattes is pretty great. They are extremely pigmented and glide on very easily. They do give that matte finish, but they are still creamy enough where you can rub your lips together. It’s almost like a waxy chapstick feeling texture. They aren’t transfer proof but they will last you through a light meal and drinks without having to reapply.  Take a look below, I swatch them on the inside of my hand so you can see the color payoff from each one of these shades.

Milani Matte Lipstick Swatches


Matte Orchid:


Matte Orchid is a bold bright pink fuchsia shade. The intense colors last a long time, about 5-6 hrs on me and they leave a noticeable stain behind. When they were almost completely gone, the stain was clinging to some dry patches on my lips that I had to use makeup remover to get completely off.

Matte Naked: 


Matte Naked is a cool medium taupe. When I tried Matte Innocence it was too light for me, so I decided to try Naked since it was a few shades darker. It works very nice with my skin tone and doesn’t make me look like a zombie from TWD! This shade lasted about 4 hours on me.

Matte Confident:


Matte Confident is a striking cool toned brick red. You now I LOVE my reds and this is such a sexy red! I think it’s a great red for any skin tone even for fair skinned girls and would be great for date night because of it’s long lasting formula. I also got about 6 hrs of wear from this shade.

Like I said, the formula of these is very nice. My personal favorites are Orchid & Confident (obviously.) The lipsticks retail starting at $5.99 and you can find them at CVS and Walgreens. Also, Milani is a cruelty free brand which is ALWAYS a plus! 


What do you think of these Moisture Mattes? Have you tried any?

Happy Styling!!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY M+K PROJECTS