Tuesday, July 29, 2014

National Lipstick Day!

Hey Dolls!
 
Today is National Lipstick Day and while it seems like every day is “National Something-or-Other Day”, as a fashion and beauty blogger, National Lipstick Day is something I can celebrate!  If you know me, you know I love my lippies. Even if I don’t have time to put on makeup, you’ll rarely catch me leaving my house without at least a bit of lip color on.  So I thought it would be fun to round up my favorite lipsticks into three color categories: brights, nudes and bolds.
 
Have you noticed that a lipstick can totally change your mood or change up your look? That’s why I have so many of them, and for me, a lipstick is one of the hardest makeup products to resist. Every season, the color palettes or formulas change just enough to lure me in. Some of the shades in my collection are limited-edition and no longer available, so I’ve listed a shade that’s close within the same formula.
 
 
favorite bright lipsticks-2
 
My favorite bright lipsticks include:
 
CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in 467, Pygmalion [Try Monte-Carlo]
CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet in 44 La Diva [Try L'Exubérante]
MAC Candy Yum Yum
MAC Pro Longwear Lipstick in shade Love Forever!
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Defiant Coral
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Balm Pop in 410 Wild Lilly
 
 
favorite-lipsticks-nude-2
 
My favorite nude lipsticks include:
 
Tory Burch Lip Color in Pas du Tout
Lipstick Queen Pinky Nude Sinner
CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in 93 Intime
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in NAKED
Jordana Twist  & Shine Lip Stain in 05 Honey Love
 
 
favorite lipsticks - bolds-2
 
My favorite bold lipsticks include:
 
CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet in 327 La Desiree [Try 47 L'amoureuse]
MAC Rebel Lipstick
Milani Sangria Lipstick
MAC Heroine
Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Berry
NARS Lipstick in Red Lizard
M·A·C Lipstick in Russian Red (Matte)
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Lead the Way
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in Shade 107
 
 
There are many different ways to apply lipstick, for the bold cream formulas especially, I usually apply a dot of foundation to lips first, then apply the lipstick, blot with a tissue, reapply, then dab on a bit of transparent loose powder to set. I like to use lip liner with almost every shade and texture, it prevents the color from bleeding and it gives you a smooth almost perfect finish to your lips.


Tell us what is your favorite lipstick shade? Put it on and celebrate National Lipstick Day!
 
 
 
Happy Styling!!
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY M+K PROJECTS