Monday, May 26, 2014

The Quest for Perfection: BareMinerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation


Hey Fashionistas!!! 

It's Memorial Day Monday shout out to all the Men & Women in uniform that sacrifice everything for our freedom and safety. Now today is a day off and I know I'm not the only one excited about that.  So lately we been bombarded with TV commercial, billboards, magazine adds, you name it!  But the truth its that we been seeing a very different product from BareMinerals.  BareMinerals launch its mineral foundation almost a decade ago.  I started using it a few years back with not many expectations, but boy did it prove me wrong!! I was immediately hooked. I loved the extremely lightweight feel, the way it made me look like I had no makeup on whatsoever and the non-drying texture that lasted all day without making me look caky. Now I'm so excited that the brand is bringing all that amazing technology to its first-ever line of liquid foundation, BareSkin—just in time to refresh our summer makeup routines.  Beware that this may be a long post, but hey there's just so much to tell!!!!



  Now, I don't use a foundation on a daily basis.  I mostly use a BB Cream or tinted moisturizer and only use a foundation on a need to basis, when going out at night or for special events.  When I look at a liquid foundation, I want the texture to be smooth, feel lightweight, give me the coverage that I need, and hydrate my skin. Those are a must for me. My biggest concern is coverage and the feeling. The first time I tried this foundation, I immediately noticed the texture. It’s very lightweight and feels like a serum. The coverage is also really nice. You have control on how much coverage you want based on how many drop you use. I like to use about 3 drops each side for my perfect coverage.  Even tho its a serum foundation, I still recommend using a primer as a base and a setting powder on top (mineral veil). I feel like as long as you set the foundation, it stays really nicely. I noticed if you don’t use a setting powder, the foundation kind of slides around and doesn’t stay put. But in the end, I do really like how natural, and light feeling the foundation is. Totally recommend everyone to give it a try!  

Things You Might Like to Know:
  • There is no water, oil, silicone, parabens or fragrance in this formula
  • It’s dermatologist and Ophthalmologist Tested
  • This foundation is for all skin types and skin tones
  • It’s also Hypoallergenic, and Non-comedogenic


Key Ingredients:
  • Vitamin C- to brighten the skin , reduce the appearance of dark spots, making the skin more even toned.
  • Titanium Dioxide- Everyone needs some sun protection!! SPF 20
  • Lilac Plant Stem Cells- antioxidant defense

Now on how to use it:
 1. Shake, Shake, Shake! Make sure you shake the bottle really well each time you use the foundation
2. Drop! The coverage is based on how many drops you use:
**Use 2 drops at a time, then you can build the coverage after with more drops if you need to
1-2 drops – sheer coverage
3-4 drops- medium coverage
5-6 drops- full coverage
3. Buff! Buff the foundation onto your skin using circular motions. Start from the center and work your way out.


The Brush:



At first when I saw this weird shaped brush, I was wondering how it would work with the foundation or how it would work at all. I have never seen a brush like this. BUT, after using this brush, it totally makes the foundation apply perfectly! GET THE BRUSH!! The center is so dense, it hold those drops right on top of the brush. Its blends the foundation out really nicely and evenly.  I also tried putting it on with my Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki and it also came out looking flawless.
 

The Colors:
There are 20 different, brand new colors to choose from! If you are going to try this foundation, I recommend getting shade matched. The colors are so different from the Original, Matte, and the Ready foundation. Ulta has a Shade Finder tool that can help you in a shade selection in case you are interested.

The LIGHT Shades
Bare Porcelain 01- fair skin with cool undertones (lightest color)
Bare Shell 02- light skin with cool undertones
Bare Linen 03- light skin with neutral undertone Bare
Ivory 04- light skin with golden undertone
Bare Cream 05- light skin with rich golden undertone

The MEDIUM Shades
Bare Satin 06- Medium Skin with cool undertones
Bare Natural 07- Medium Skin with neutral undertones
Bare Beige 08- Medium Skin with neutral to golden undertones
Bare Nude 09- Medium Skin with golden tones (MY SHADE)
Bare Buff 10- Medium Skin with a rich golden undertone

The TAN Shades
Bare Latte 11- tan skin with cool undertones
Bare Sand 12- tan skin with neutral undertone
Bare Tan 13- Tan skin with neutral to golden undertones
Bare Caramel 14- tan skin with golden undertones
Bare Honey 15- tan skin to rich golden undertones

The DARK & DEEP Shades
Bare Almond 16- dark skin with neutral undertones
 Bare Maple 17- dark skin with neutral undertones
Bare Walnut 18- dark skin with rich golden undertones
Bare Espresso 19- dark to deep skin with neutral undertones
Bare Mocha 20- deep skin with golden undertones


You can find this foundation on the BareMinerals website, Ulta, and Sephora. BareSkin can be bought for $29 and the Perfecting Shade Brush for $28. I hope you got all the information you needed about the BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation. I did lots of research!!(in case the super long post didn't give that up already)


 Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them based on my experience. Like I said before I totally recommend this product.  Let me know your experience with it!!  Enjoy & thanks for reading my luvs!!

Happy Styling!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY M+K PROJECTS