Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fashionable Eyebrow Pomade

Hey Fashionistas!!  Today I want to talk to you about a product I been using for a while now and it is the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade.   I will always have an appreciation for a bold brow.  However, it is a rarely accepted beauty truth that eyebrows of Cara Delevingne-esque magnitude look good on very few people in the world. My approach to filling in my brows is decidedly low-maintenance.  For my daily look I choose to draw in a few individual hairs using a brow pencil until my brows look descent. But when I saw Internet raves for and the frequent selling out of Anastasia's DipBrow Pomade, I was intrigued.
 
 

Coming in a pot, the pomade resembles MAC Blacktrack or any gel eyeliner. It's not quite as thick as a gel eyeliner, and has a slightly creamier, waxy texture. What it does have in common with gel eyeliner is durability — the formula claims to be sweat- and waterproof and comes with a brush that has a slanted, stiff tip. They're wax-on eyebrows, and not so much wax-off.
 
It comes in five different shades and trust me in this case, less is more.  You need the tiniest, tiniest bit of this pomade for your brows. Too much and they will look straight out of a Picasso Cubism painting: solid, hairless slashes. Although the formula stayed pretty resistant throughout several workout classes and a few dance nights, it was blendable for application, although not smudge-y. While it was difficult to draw individual hairs using the brow pomade, the wax consistency made it easy to coax the brows into a different shape. It creates more of a sculpted look, perhaps best used for a studio or photography look, rather than a natural one. It's not quite an effortless brow look, but it is perfect for a night look or whenever you decide to go for a more dramatic and intense bold look.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this pomade.  Do you think the rave its worth it? I certainly do. I think it's an amazing product and one worth buying.  How about you, do you like it? Let me now.... Enjoy!

Happy Styling!!
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY M+K PROJECTS